On Monday, 27 June 2016 17:32:08 UTC+3, Wang Yarco wrote:

> First, i should say very sorry to you, guys. (It is also not for golang
> itself, but i think you may have interests on this. Just for some advice)
> Original Post
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fgroups%2F33207%2F33207-6153064731369295874&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFgOLNiyfoNqKvkWYaIFAIgQ8MDTg>

People that aren't member of the group cannot see the post. (including me)

> When i'm reading something about sets operators, i feel strange when
> comparing to normal arithmetic process, i mean resolving equations like:
> x + y = 5
> x - y = 3
> is very easy, we don't have to draw some diagrams.

This is only because you have learned to resolve the calculations in your
head without needing to do it on the paper. If you give the same equations
to a child learning equations systems, they will need to do it on paper as
well.

> But it is not clear except you draw venn diagram when dealing with sets:
> A - B = {3}
> A ∩ B = {4}
> (we could get A = {3, 4} here, but we can not do normal arithmetic
> comparing to above)

If you show that: A = (A - B) ∪ (A ∩ B), finding the solution becomes
trivial.

> Then, i think maybe they (the scientists who do math) didn't create enough
> operators for sets.

Can describe all the outcomes given two sets. (note, the symbols may vary
slightly)

So i add the two (actually 1 operator, 1 mark) "+" and "*":

> A+B is equal to A U B, but also mean no having repeated numbers

There are no repeated elements in sets. Are you thinking of multisets?

> A* means "the rest part of A"

Rest relative to which set?

(of cause, they are not very strictly defined...)