If the type is *[]T then comparing memory addresses make sense to see if
both terms point to the same memory address.
If the type is []T then comparing memory addresses doesn't make sense as
I'd expect to compare values.
Finally, if the type is []*T then I'd still expect to compare values (even
if this is inconsistent with the above two rules), mainly because I'm
usually interested in the values a slice holds.

And that's exactly why Ian and others said this is complicated to define as
different users expect different outcomes.
So rather than deal with this, in an auto-magic way, better let the users
deal with it as they see fit from case to case.