Until not so long ago, if I wanted to (say) insert a log.Printf
somewhere in net/http to see what's going on, I could just
change the net/http code and "go install net/http".

Since Go 1.5, that no longer seems to be the case, for
some packages at any rate. Any changes I make in net/http
seem to be ignored (interestingly, other packages
don't have this issue - net/url for example).

Is there a way I can install an individual stdlib package now without
rebuilding the whole go stdlib?

  cheers,
    rog.