I can understand at first glance we may perceive ListenAndServeTLS as a
convenience helper, but if enough people to copy and paste its contents to
modify it, then the sublety is
the function is actually assumed to be part of a Foundation/Framework that
people build on top of. It is under the golang/net after all.  It was meant
simply to be used and extended, NOT rewritten.

A framework usually has a manner in which to access all its
class/duck-type's attributes and services.  In this case the package net
has a number of duck-types, Client, Server.
Most of the Server's attributes are accessible, but stunningly the listener
itself does not belong to the Server duck-type when I believe it should.
Otherwise the other suggestion would be to make it available by making it a
return variable if other framework devs feel it shouldn't be part of the
Server duck-type.  For those that don't want to tweak the listener, they
can simply use the _ standard to ignore that return variable.

That said, I believe the listener is core and should be available from this
one service.  I'm sure there are other developers that rely on
ListenAndServeTLS and implicit understand exactly what it does.  I'm not
asking to change anything in their understanding about its behaviour.  I
asking the golang team to change something to in its characteristics which
fundamentally belongs to the Server duck-type which extends its original
meaning to something developers assume to be there in the first place.  I'm
surprised

LimitListener(srv.tlsListener, connectionCount) is not part of the Server
duck-type's api.  It makes sense to be there.  I'm stunned it's not there.
That's why I came to the forum to ask why it wasn't there the first place.