On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 7:00 AM, David Marceau
<uticdmarceau2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I install from sources straight from git checkout go1.7rc6
> go1.7rc6 FAILS on Asus Z97-A-USB31 motherboard with intel i5-4590,
> "../misc/cgo/testsanitizers"
> it core dumps and doesn't give me the success message to start using it as
> the previous go1.7rc[1-4] did.
> signal: segmentation fault (core dumped)
> FAIL: msan
> FAIL: msan2
> FAIL: msan3
> FAIL: msan4
> ... FAILED

Could be https://golang.org/issue/16636, which boils down to: clang
-fsanitize=memory doesn't work on some systems.  This almost certainly
has nothing to do with the motherboard or processor, but more likely
has something to do with the kernel version and the clang version.

Ian