I have a project which has become fairly large, I simple check of *.go, no
_test files (including all modules), it's up to 1300 files.

The main module though is 60 files, about 1MB of go source. It is taking to
about 20 seconds to compile for a single change in the main module using go
1.6.2 darwin/amd64.

Using -x on go install I'm seeing half the time on build and half the time
on linking.

I think I've gotten all the direct CGO dependencies moved to submodules but
I'm not sure what would indicates if it is going through a cgo phase or not.

Any input on other things to look for or tune on what is making the build
time so long?