The reason is, that there should be no reason in practice to ask this
question. There is nothing special about nil-pointers in a non-nil
interface, they are a perfectly valid implementation of that interface.
The only reason I could think of why you would need to ask that question
is, if you want to write general encoding/decoding mechanism (like the
encoding/ packages) and in that case having to use reflect makes total
sense.