From: golang-nuts@googlegroups.com [mailto:golang-nuts@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Evan Digby
Sent: 2016 September 13, Tue 14:19
To: golang-nuts
Subject: Re: [go-nuts] Having difficulty testing this "cleanly"

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried many incarnations that include WaitGroups;
however, none seem to achieve the desired result.

If I add a WaitGroup with a defer done in the handler, and then wait after the
Close() then the test itself implements the requirement and won't protect from
future refactors. There's no way to test that a WaitGroup is done without
waiting for it, and even if there was it would be racy because between the
Close() and WaitGroup wait call tasks could complete. If I wrapped the wait and
the done in goroutines to see which one happened first, also racy.

If you have something else in mind can you elaborate on how it would help in
this case?

Thanks again!

Evan