On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:11:17 AM UTC-6, oyi...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have not been able to find an explanation. Does anyone care to explain
> or point to relevant documentation?

One data point: I'd expect slice + slice to create a new object, that is, a
new backing array. I'd also expect += to concatenate using the same backing
array for the result object. That's the way Python does it, and I've got a
bit of Python background.

That said, though, I'd wonder what would happen for a slice of some complex
object. To take an extreme example, what would adding slices of maps or
channels do?