Hi Glen,

The proposal for accessing Android APIs directly has landed:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/16876. In theory, that should be enough
for accessing the camera from Go. In practice, the new features are very
recent and you might encounter problems along the way. Feel free to report
any issues you encounter and CC them to me :)

 - elias