I have searched everywhere for the answer to this question, so my apologies
if I missed it somewhere on this forum.

I'm looking to create a subprocess when my Golang executable launches. This
is no different than calling the fork() function in C.

In fact, the following code represents exactly what I want to do in Go:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main() {
 int pid = fork();

 if (pid == 0) {
    printf("This is the child process.\n");
 }
 else {
    printf("This is the parent process.\n");
 }

 return 0;

Thanks,
Adam