>> Why do you care?

I personally wouldn't but a (test framework) protocol built on top of
XML-RPC that I want to interface to expects the following response back:

<methodResponse>
  <params>
    <param>
      <value><struct>
        </member>
        </member>
        </member>
        </member>
        </member>
      </struct></value>
    </param>
  </params>
</methodResponse>

and the only XML-RPC (server) package for go I've
found: https://github.com/divan/gorilla-xmlrpc, guess what it uses to map
that kind of XML-RPC data structure to? A go struct. That was looking over
the README, haven't delved into the code for that package, but there might
not be other alternative options w/o modifying that package's code. A go
map might have been more flexible to workaround naming issues.

Btw, I ran into this issue in .NET/C# too where an XML-RPC struct maps to
C# struct, and there was same keyword conflict. Thankfully though, the
XML-RPC.NET library had a workaround to remap/translate the naming for the
user/consumer: http://xml-rpc.net/faq/xmlrpcnetfaq-2-5-0.html#1.11. I don't
think such exists in the go XML-RPC package. :(

>> [1] Capitialising the first letter will export the field name. You might
not have wanted to do that.

good point, I forgot about that for a moment, being new to go.