Hi,

i too use go and i see all the benefits that you are mentioning. I was only
pointing out what was wrong in the post about windows...

BTW You don't need IIS to run .Net Core. There is a new web server named
Kestrel (check this video https://vimeo.com/172009499) which performs very
well.
So creating docker containers is straightforward too. You just need more
files to deploy instead of one and if you automated this it should not
matter!

BTW There is a project research named .Net Native which will eventually
create on static linked binary!!!

I do not have any idea about memory consumption on .net core., this would
be nice to check out! Comparing ruby with go is a little off, since ruby is
not known to be performant and cheap on memory.

Creating apps with both is very nice. go gives you what you have mentioned.
.net core almost the same with better tooling (Visual Studio rocks)