* T L <tapir....@gmail.com> [161021 01:47]:
> This faq, "Why are maps, slices, and channels references while arrays are
> values?", https://golang.org/doc/faq#references.
> thinks maps, slices, and channels are references. I think the "references"
> here means "reference values".

That's not the way I read it.  The question is contrasting references
and values, as if they are two distinct things.  Nowhere does it use the
phrase "reference value".  Note that maps, slices, and channels are all
types, adding further evidence that "reference type" would fit better
than "reference value".  Also, in that paragraph, it says "changing
these types to act as references...."  The word value does not occur in
that sentence, but type does.

...Marvin