I tried few things and the following worked for me

*go test -c -coverpkg=. -covermode=count -o=test_binary*
*test_binary -test.coverprofile c.out*

But the the same thing fails when there are more than one package passed to
coverpkg flag with the error "*cannot use -c flag with multiple packages*".

Is there any way I can workaround this problem ?