I have an application that needs to talk to numerous external devices, each
of which has only a self-signed cert.  We can't simply accept all
self-signed certs with insecureSkipVerify; instead, as part of configuring
the application for each new external device, we need to import its
self-signed cert into our trust store.  (Yes, I know this is gross, but
it's outside my control.)  I can't figure out a way to do this in Go other
than by creating a new Transport with a new tls.Config for each external
device.  But the docs for Transport explicitly advise reuse rather than
creating lots of them.  Is there a trick I haven't found that would let me
safely add a cert to the tls.Config for DefaultTransport?  Or in some other
way avoid the need to create dozens of Transports (and therefore also
Clients)?

Thanks in advance...