The main activity in the reverse example uses a
support/v7/app.AppCompatActivity (as it should), however if I want to add
an app.Service service to the android app gomobile encounters duplicate
import errors:

   gomobile_bind/go_appmain.go:20: app redeclared as imported package name

If I attempt to resolve this by renaming v7/app gomobile still complains:

   gomobile_bind/go_appmain.go:31: undefined:
"Java/android/support/v7/app".Service

(I suspect it doesn't propagate the rename, but I have not yet looked at
the generated code).

Essentially I have two files (activity.go and service.go) which each import
something called "app", one from android.support.v7.app, the other from
android.app... I can successfully refactor the service into a separate
package but then I'm only allowed to use one package name in the manifest
and I don't see how I can reference the second package by name.

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
package="go.app" >
<application
android:label="MyApp"
<activity
android:name=".MainActivity">   <!-- package app -->
</activity>
<service android:name=".MainService">   <!-- package service, or
app/service? -->
</service>
</application>
</manifest>