Am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017 09:14:26 UTC+1 schrieb alcub...@gmail.com:

> Ah, then my fundamental structure was wrong. Since the code didn't contain
> any tests, I had it in a file named init_mock.go, and it was getting pulled
> into the binary. So you're saying I should have all test-only code in a
> file named *_test.go, including code that doesn't contain any tests?

The *_test.go files are normal Go source code file and may contain
anything. From consts to init functions, helpers, tests, benchmarks,
examples and needed mocks. Take a look at how the stdlib does things
if unsure.
I have to admit I'm unsure why you have mock code but no tests?
If these mock stuff is not part of production code put it into mock_test.go
and it won't be part of the production build. But it won't do anything as
it will be compiled only during `go test` which is a noop if you do not
have tests, examples or benchmarks...

V.