Nice thanks for sharing that :)

On 27/01/2017 16:42, alb.donize...@gmail.com wrote:
A better link is this one, IMHO:

github.com/golang/go/compare/go1.7.4...go1.7.5

the gerrit one shows uninteresting CLs too, like:

[release-branch.go1.7] cmd/godoc: add perf subrepo

while the github one doesn't

Il giorno venerdì 27 gennaio 2017 15:58:20 UTC+1, Steven Hartland ha scritto:

    Hi guys first off thanks for 1.7.5!

    Having reviewed the changes for the 1.7.5 milestone
    <https://github.com/golang/go/issues?q=milestone%3AGo1.7.5>, which
    is the link provided for more info from the release notes, I feel
    that the its not as easy to follow as they have been for other
    milestones, which means that users may not realise the impact as
    well as they should.

     The data is there but you really have do dig in to see it, I'm
    referring specifically to the "backport" changes:

      * time, cmd/compile: backport fixes to 1.7.5
      * runtime: backport CL 34835
      * runtime: backport CLs 33339 and 35353
      * runtime: backport CL 31138

    In the past each fix has been in the original format which would
    have resulted in something like:

      * time: TestLoadFixed failure
      * cmd/compile: passing method on value receiver causes memory
        corruption
      * runtime: fatal error: bad g->status in ready
      * runtime: fatal error: scan missed a g
      * runtime: fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution
      * runtime: getArgInfo nil dereference

    Its important to know that these are issues that "were actually
    raised" and are fixed by changes in the release, it is NOT the
    list of fixes which users are likely expecting.

    Its good to know the "issues" which have been closed by the
    release, but its more useful to know all the "changes" in the release.

    This is something that jenkins can do:

https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:release-branch.go1.7++after:2016-12-02+before:2017-01-27

<https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:release-branch.go1.7++after:2016-12-02+before:2017-01-27>

    Is this something we can include for releases moving forward?