Hello,

When this thread came up I was working on an ini formatting tool, similar
to (but way simpler than) gofmt, which required parsing and manipulating
the contents of an ini file. As you have found out, there are a bunch of
packages already doing that, but not in the spirit of simplicity that Go
conveys, as well as what I wanted to do with comments for ini sections and
keys.

So I went to write my own, and ended up
with https://github.com/pierrec/go-ini, which solves all the pain points I
had.