Correct me if I'm wrong, but in serving web apps and sites.

Golang simply fills in the blanks for predefined templates.

React appears to be a bit more complicated requiring the creation of
JavaScript/JSX classes representing the view. Having that rendered on the
server-side and the difference applied on the client.

To combine the two, do I need to run Node.js on the server to process the
React/JSX classes before piping the results to Golang for responding to the
client? So Golang would be the conduit/middle-man filling in for Express
here.

Does this even make sense? If I'm already running Node.js, does the use of
Golang feel superfluous?