Thanks. I wound up doing this with a recursive traversal:
https://play.golang.org/p/k9iy3sHOZ9
best,~ jf--John Feminella@jxxfhttp://jxf.me

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 3:05 PM, Paul Borman bor...@google.com  wrote:
Take a look at the reflect package, or if you know that the only internal maps
will be of type map[string]interface{} you can use type assertion to determine
if the element is a map or some other type.