On Fri, Feb 17, 2017, 6:48 AM <l...@pinkfroot.com> wrote:

> I have a channel that receives a lot of data that needs to be stored into
> MySQL.
>
> After a short period of time I get the following...
>
> Error 1461: Can't create more than max_prepared_stmt_count statements
> (current value: 16382)
> panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
> [signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x0 pc=0x13f7168]
>
> goroutine 61348 [running]:
> database/sql.(*Stmt).Close(0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
> /usr/local/go/src/database/sql/sql.go:2022 +0x38
>
> I notice a few really old bugs that have been closed off but not sure why
> this is happening.
>
> I am running Go1.8rc3

What does your usage pattern look like in code?

http://go-database-sql.org/prepared.html

"Because statements will be re-prepared as needed when their original
connection is busy, it’s possible for high-concurrency usage of the
database, which may keep a lot of connections busy, to create a large
number of prepared statements. This can result in apparent leaks of
statements, statements being prepared and re-prepared more often than you
think, and even running into server-side limits on the number of
statements."

Justin