On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Steven Hartland <ste...@multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> That said after fork we only have a single thread, so it should be possible
> to perform these actions safely if it where possible to run arbitrary
> actions via SysProcAttr and care was taken.

We are never going to make it possible to run arbitrary actions
between fork and exec, because the restrictions on the code that can
be run at that time are draconian (e.g., no memory allocation, no
function calls, no channel operations).

Any change to be made here can only be done via clear and concise
additions to the existing SysProcAttr fields.

Ian