On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:50:32 -0800 (PST)
Kevin Powick <kpow...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> I'm not really up on Activestate's involvement with Go, but have they
> contributed to the development or promotion of Go in any significant
> way?

I'm not up with their involvement in Go as well, but I know about their
involvement with Tcl¹.  Two of that team, Jeff Hobbs and Andreas Kupries
are full-time developers there who are highly-skilled experts
contributing to Tcl's core and stdlib.  I'm not sure AS currently
employs anyone for Go as they do for Tcl, but they've just started
anyway.  I mean, it's too early to make judgements.

FWIW, I'm not affiliated with AS in any way; just was participating in
the development of a cross-platform software based on Tcl/Tk.

¹ They do have a "batteries-included" distro of Tcl/Tk for various
  OSes named «Active Tcl»; with this distro for Windows being arguably
  the best there is for Tcl/Tk development on that platform.

  Their «Active Perl» solution for Windows IMO was also the best among
  the available options back then when I needed one.

  And they also have something alike for Python but I had no chance of
  evaluating it personally.