On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 04:43:01 -0800 (PST)
Luke Mauldin <lukemaul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the things I love about Go is its ability to write code in one
> OS and easily cross-compile and deploy that code to another OS.  Can
> someone help me understand the differences in Windows vs Linux Go
> networking stack?  I know that at the top level they are both the
> same, just use net.Dial("tcp", ":8080), etc.. but I would like to
> know if there are underlying network stack differences in the Go
> standard library that will cause different performance
> characteristics between the two OSes?

IIUC, on both OSes, their native means of doing asynchronous I/O on
network sockets are used -- epoll on Linux and IOCPs on Windows.

Basically this means that performance differences on the same hardware
should be due to differences in the underlying OS implementations
and kernel defaults and/or their tuning.