Note that if you write a project that other users would use, you will force
them to update their $GOPATH to make your app work.
Which I think it a lot worse than making people who fork your project
update the import path And like someone else said, if I need to fork a
project, I most likely already vendor the dependency, so I simply make
small changes to the file(s) in the vendor folder

Thanks

Diego