On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:22:54 -0700 (PDT)
Albert Tedja <nicho.te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was using godeps before and now govendor, and never felt 100% happy
> with either one.  I have some feedback of how I think the package
> management tool should work from the developer perspective, and here
> some features that I think is crucial.
[...]
> I hope I don't sound too demanding. I like Go, but the reason why I
> haven't committed to it is frustration working with the dependency
> tools, something that other languages seem to have no problem with.
> And other tools like godeps and govendor seem to manage to create
> their own problems.

Please don't miss the monumental heaps of discussions about package
management in Go [1].  The solution dubbed `dep` here is an attempt to
finally converge on something which is a) a part of the stock Go
toolchain; b) serves most of needs the way most devs are comfortable
with.  Please consider revieweing what's been discussed on [1] --
especially about this new attempt.  Note that it even has its formal
proposal -- see links at [2].

1. https://groups.google.com/d/forum/go-package-management
2.
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/go-package-management/P8TehVoFLjg/discussion