I was thinking about the type safety of uint in go, and comparing it for a
similar problem.

If I have this go code:

var x uint
x--

The value of x is then the maximal value of uint, which is probably not
what the gother wanted (I think, is there any particular use cases for that
that you know of?)

So my question is: why does go allow that, and for example panics on index
out of range of an array? Doesn't it make sense that it also should panic
in this case?

Cheers,
Eyal