On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 03:07:44 -0700 (PDT)
ikkini <ikk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For anyone trying this: If you 'break userAuthLoop, you'll end up
> below the label, which equals success. Probably not what you want :/
> instead, I'm now using 'break' and authErr, which gives me the
> desired behavior.

A tangential issue, but have you considered coupling your Go service
with some tool like fail2ban?  Basically, you'd need to make your
service output log entries on authentication failures in a way so that
they end up being written in some log file, and then teach fail2ban to
parse them.  If you'll make them look exactly as the OpenSSH server
spells them, fail2ban will be ready to rock right away.

An upside of using this tool is that it bans the specific IP address
for the configured amount of time so that this lowers the pressure on
your service and raises the signal-to-noise ratio of your SSH sevrice
log.