Hidden isn't used by Go at this time, but if it's part of the elf
tradition, then the term probably refers to the same thing that
Sunw_PRIVATE did on Solaris: this symbol can only be used within the
library, not by anyone outside it.

It's a tiny bit of a kludge: we didn't realize we needed a "binder"[1]  to
remove symbols we didn't want visible, so we declared them private and
complained when they were used by anything other than a system library.

Were you thinking of this kind of use, or did you have soemthing else in
mind?

--dave
[1. http://multicians.org/mgb.html]