I've used a reverse proxy, written in Go in production. It did perform as
good and even slightly better than nginx for our use case. It was regularly
keeping 10GBps LAN cards full to the brim without much sweat. Our use case
was serving and caching constantly changing library of huge media files and
we had many concurrent connections per server.

For the record, the reverse proxy we used is open source and can be found
here: https://github.com/ironsmile/nedomi. I no longer work at that company
but I hear that nginx has caught up with most important feature - caching
only frequently accessed parts of files. So nedomi probably would not get
much more development. But it does prove that Go's network stack is up for
the task. And that was more than a year ago. By now everything should be
even better.