As part of a build pipeline, I want to initially artifact the Go binary to
send through all the stages from development to production.

How can I run a set of tests (*_test.go) against this one binary? Can I
only have blackbox tests or is whitebox possible?

Or will the approach need to be, to run 'go test' against the package code
at every step and rebuild?

How do you handle delivering and deploying your builds?