> Notice that real unrecoverable errors are not subject to defer/recover()
at all.

If so, then how should I raise unrecoverable error, if I really know that
it is unrecoverable?

> Something like C style assert(): "guy, something goes completely wrong,
and it is
much better to stop functioning than corrupt your data further"

> It's sometimes a perfectly valid and quite reasonable approach to defer a
recover() in an API function and panic(forWhateverReason) somewhere down
the call chain.
> A recursive descent parser may get much simpler and easier to code, for
example.

I don't agree. I call it "abusing". In absence of other comfortable ways,
panic is abused to unwind stack fast (upto recover).
I could be mistaken.