Hey Gophers,

When unmarshalling JSON into a struct with a blank interface (interface{})
I get a surprising result:

If I set the field to a pointer to a T value before unmarshalling, the data
is filled out on the T value as expected. (See I2 in the playground
example.)

If I set the field to a T value before unmarshalling, field will be set to
a map[string]interface{} when returning, I was expecting a T value.

Since the field is not nil I would expect json.Unmarshal to just fill in
the fields on the data structure provided, not override the field value.

What am I missing?

Example: https://play.golang.org/p/O-55nj0h44 why is I1 a
map[string]interface{} when I already gave it a T value?