On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 2:46:03 PM UTC+2, Marvin Renich wrote:

> [I set an explicit Reply-To header because I do not want duplicate
> emails.  Please do not CC me; I read this list.]

sure.

> * mhh...@gmail.com <javascript:> <mhh...@gmail.com <javascript:>> [170509
> 07:40]:
> > : ( thanks
> >
> > $ man gofmt
> > Aucune entrée de manuel pour gofmt
> > /no such entry/
>
> One of many advantages of the Debian distribution is that policy
> mandates that any command which the end user is expected to use must
> have a man page.  Many thanks go to the Debian maintainers of the Go
> packages for their hard work, including, but not limited to, converting
> Go package documentation into proper man pages.  This is not busy work;
> rather it is very, very helpful!

yeah that sounds awesome, why its not standardized?

> > *$ gofmt -husage: gofmt [flags] [path ...]  -r string        rewrite
> rule
> > (e.g., 'a[b:len(a)] -> a[b:]')*
> >
> > https://golang.org/cmd/gofmt/#hdr-Examples
>
> Indeed, this is the right place to find the official Go documentation
> for this tool.

yes indeed, i m more interested to compare it with your man pages,
they looks awesome.

> > How to take advantage of it ?
> > He needs to add new func, probably.
> > And maybe to rename expr.Call.Name.
>
> If I were trying to extricate myself from the OP's position, my first
> attempt would be
>
>   gofmt -r 'print -> debug.Print'

For completeness,

gofmt -r 'print -> debug.Print' ...file.go

otherwise it stucks on stdin.

> and then add a debug package where I could make that function empty if I
> wanted.

Maybe he could declare the package in its gopath then run goimports ?
I mean that command that adds imports automagically.

> If you want to get fancy, use build tags so that
>
>   go build -tags debug
>
> will build with debugging turned on, but without the tag, the debug
> functions are empty.

mhh, not convinced :)