On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 8:14 AM,  <da...@primefarm.co.uk> wrote:

> I've got a few jenkins jobs that end up doing quite a lot of go-getting as
> part of a clean build process. I find the slowest bit of the whole process
> is go get sequentially resolving/downloading everything. Would making this
> parallel be doable? Would it be desirable? Am I doing something wrong in the
> first place which means I probably shouldn't need parallel getting?

I think that most people vendor their dependencies to avoid the
left-pad problem.  That said, I agree that `go get` ought to download
multiple arguments, and dependencies, in parallel.  It's not a trivial
change to the code, but it's certainly something someone could work on
for the 1.10 release.  It's https://golang.org/issue/11821.

Ian