Thanks for the follow-up!

That ended up being the approach I took - map two levels deep (because
that's how the keys come through) and load everything at start up and use
as an immutable structure. While in dev it is using the old code
essentially and that's fine.

I also noted that internal structure in the old code using a struct {x
string, y string} for its first level key which I thought odd. Not sure
what effects that would have on things.

Best,
James