In Funnel, we have a growing end-to-end test suite which has many test
functions.
https://github.com/ohsu-comp-bio/funnel/tree/master/tests/e2e

When one test fails, Funnel's logs are dumped, and there are lots of them.
Debugging tests has become difficult. As far as I can tell, go test
captures the output per-package, and when one test fails it dumps all the
captured logs.

Possibly I'm approaching things the wrong way, so here I am asking the
gurus (or gorus?) :) What can I do better? These are some ideas:

1) Find a way to capture output per-test without modifying Funnel logging
code. Maybe I can do something with TestMain, subtests, I don't know.
2) Add better tracing info to the logs, so that each log entry has some
context that can be grep'ed for. This would make our logs more useful in
general, but will take some work.
3) Reconfigure the logger per-test, at the beginning of each test. Maybe
write the logs to a file. Our tests are not currently run in parallel, but
I'd like to leave that door open, and this might make that more difficult
because the logger is global.
4) Don't dump the logs during tests, just get the failed list, and then run
those tests individually.

Thanks in advance!
Alex