On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Gert <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me ask it differently what is going to happen with all the Go2 labeled
> issues on github?

They will be considered over time as we try to figure out what might
make sense for Go 2.

> For me experience report is nothing different then a
> github issue

Well, no.  As Russ explained in the Go 2 blog post, the Go programming
language has always been developed in a pragmatic way based on actual
experience using Go.  In asking for experience reports, we are asking
people to explain specific ways that the Go programming language is
not working well for their actual work.  This can of course be done in
the form of a github issue, but most github issues are not that.

> and also nobody of the go team will be able to handle all the
> incoming false positives of people like me that think have a great idea but
> actually isn't or already has been addressed. Sorry I just prefer the other
> way around, the go team makes a report looking at golang code on github and
> question on stackoverflow and make proposal to clean up standard library and
> improve the language.

It is likely that something along those lines will happen.  But the
result will be better if we first get information about problems that
people run into while writing real Go code.  Of course we can collect
our own set of problems, but the Go community is much much much larger
than the Go team.

Ian