Hi,

Am 15.08.17 um 08:31 schrieb patrickjtray...@gmail.com:
> I simply want the XML files my program outputs to not have newline
> characters escaped into
. My input XML files contain newlines and I
> want to preserve them.

The
 is the XML entity for LF. This is correct XML which contains
exactly what you put into it:

<Content><Elt>line 1&#xA;line 2</Elt></Content>

Any XML parser will be able to handle the LF. For example, xmllint does:

> $ xmllint -format content.xml
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <Content>
>   <Elt>line 1
> line 2</Elt>
> </Content>

So there is no but that needs to be fixed.
xml.NewEncoder(os.Stdout).Encode() works as expected and produces output
that is valid.

Lutz