Hi Konstantin - thanks for your interest!

I have not proposed merging it upstream. The x/crypto libraries
are fairly slow to evolve, so for experimenting with a new API,
an immediate merge is probably not wise.

Since the API adds support for cancelation, it isn't backwards compatible.
Merging
it would break existing consumers of x/crypto/ssh.

That said I'm open to it, but I don't see a good reason for it at this
point,
since the API is still experimental and needs more use to validate it.

It would be possible to merge the leak-fixes and idle-timeout functionality
and leave the context support behind without breaking existing users, but...
then you give up alot of the control over cancellation. I've mentioned as
much on certain tickets, but folks are on summer vacation and there's not
been
much discussion.

https://github.com/golang/go/issues/21423
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/21420
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/20288

After some intense work today, I've fixed all the leaking goroutines
from the original test set now.

I'm 90% happy with the API, but I'm concerned that the cancelation and
timeout functionality in particular could use more experience before
declaring
the API stable and fixed in place.

Please try it and give feedback!

Jason