What are you trying to do? I don't see the point in a shiny program
that doesn't even create a window. There's likely a loop internally in
the driver that's handling processing of events from the OS and since
you're never creating a window, it's never exiting (this is just a
guess, I haven't looked at the code lately.)

Have you looked at the samples in
https://github.com/golang/exp/tree/master/shiny/example? They're
likely a better place to start.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:32 PM,  <hani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using shiny for a small internal project and noticed that driver.Main
> doesn't seem to return.
>
> The documentation for:
>
> func Main(f func(screen.Screen))
>
> in golang.org/x/exp/shiny/driver sates that "It returns when f returns."
>
> But when I run this:
>
> package main
>
> import (
> "fmt"
>
> "golang.org/x/exp/shiny/driver"
> "golang.org/x/exp/shiny/screen"
> )
>
> func main() {
> fmt.Println("Starting.")
> driver.Main(func(s screen.Screen) {
> fmt.Println("I'm printed; you can see me.")
> return
> })
> fmt.Println("I'm not printed; alas, I can't be seen.")
> }
>
> on a MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 and go1.9 darwin/amd64
> that last print statement is not called.  It's as though os.Exit, or an
> equivalent, is being called somewhere within driver.Main and below, though I
> can't seem to find any such call in the source.
>
> I've tried to do a web search for this but didn't get any useful links
> either.  I understand that shiny is experimental and that development has
> paused recently, but I'm just trying to understand what's going on.
>
> Any help is very much appreciated!
>
> William

- Dave