On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Tim Uckun <timuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong with the try catch paradigm,

Try-catch makes for shorter code when you're just passing the buck,
but it can be quite complicated when you actually need to handle the
buck.

My showcase example for this is the exception-ridden code in PEP 380 just after

"The statement
RESULT = yield from EXPR
is semantically equivalent to"

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0380/

I find that Python snippet very hard to understand. In contrast,
writing all those "if err != nil { return nil, err }" might seem
verbose, but I find the control flow much easier to grok, especially
when reviewing somebody else's Go code, or even code written by
6-months-ago me.