On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 10:24:39 PM UTC-4, Dave Cheney wrote:

> What about this ?
>
> https://play.golang.org/p/qmi1MvLBm8

I believe this code is incorrect. Here's a demonstration:

https://gist.github.com/slingamn/1467b1bafc613aec7ca0276c31a7a37f/revisions

The original revision is taken from the Go Playground snippet, the second
revision makes the code compile, and the third revision adds a sleep (which
should not make correct code into incorrect code) and a re-bind after the
`Close()` call. On my system (Go 1.9 on Linux x86_64), the third revision
reliably panics with:

`panic: listen tcp :6502: bind: address already in use`

The question I'm really asking is not so much how to write code that works
in practice (or, rather, appears to do so), but how to be certain (on the
basis of the specification and API documentation) that the code is correct.