Not to throw a spanner into the works, but we have a similar problem in my
work environment of needing a scheduler to schedule distributed jobs, one
problem of writing a *nice* one for a given language is that you end up
being pigeon holed into one solution. We've been looking at using drmaa as
a way of accessing different schedulers in a more platform and language
agnostic way. It may be worth your while to take a look at the golang
bindings for drmaa so you aren't left reinventing the wheel. Maybe creating
a dumb scheduler for drmaa library might be the way to go?