I just read about Zig, a new programming language designed to replace C.

The error handling philosophy is very similar to Go: control flow in
general and error handling in particular is explicit. Zig has even a defer
statement inspired by Go ;-)

I noticed that Zig provides a %% operator and %return expression meant to
make error handling less verbose:

http://ziglang.org/documentation/master/#errors

I'd be curious to know if something similar would be possible in a future
version of Go?