Somebody I depend on for my project made a breaking change to their git
repo and broke my build.

I found that if I simply revert their latest commit locally that my project
builds.

I don't necessarily want to vendor everything because most of the libraries
I use I trust. But I do want to vendor the one git repo whose owner keeps
making breaking changes.

I looked at dep, but dep seems to vendor everything. I don't want that. I
just want to vendor the one unstable library, and simply use HEAD for
everything else.

What is the best way for me to proceed?

Thanks in advance,