Yes. Thanks for point it out, and maybe I should've mentioned that.

After posing that on SO, I have a gut feeling that it should be the
intuitive way to check that. I was hoping a go author could see the
question here and maybe offer some rationale why that's not the case.

Sorry if it's considered spamming.