Folks,

I am new to Golang, I am installing Burrow
<https://github.com/linkedin/Burrow> tool to fix and monitor the kafka
consumer lag checking. Earlier this burrow was having "gpm" as package
managment tool, Now some changes have been there in recent github repo
update of this Burrow, In terms of getting started with golang setup, build
and install Burrow, I am getting stuck in second process of prerquisite
step, Let me know how to resolve this.

Prerequisites

Burrow is written in Go, so before you get started, you should install and
set up Go.

If you have not yet installed the Go Dependency Management Tool
<https://github.com/golang/dep>, please go over there and follow their
short installation instructions. dep is used to automatically pull in the
dependencies for Burrow so you don't have to chase them all down.
------->>>>>> I am getting stuck here, Not able to install it on ubuntu,
Kindly suggest how to overcome this. / Earlier I was able to install godep
,gpm and make this repo work but not now when this "dep" update have been
pushed to burrow github repo.

 # Build and Install

$ go get github.com/linkedin/Burrow    # I have done this
$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/linkedin/Burrow
$ dep ensure # since this is not installed, hence, not able to fix this.
$ go install

*Go env Information and Version.*

:~$ go env
GOARCH="amd64"
GOBIN=""
GOEXE=""
GOHOSTARCH="amd64"
GOHOSTOS="linux"
GOOS="linux"
GOPATH="/home/mpuser/go"
GORACE=""
GOROOT="/usr/local/go"
GOTOOLDIR="/usr/local/go/pkg/tool/linux_amd64"
GCCGO="gccgo"
CC="gcc"
GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0
-fdebug-prefix-map=/tmp/go-build014902965=/tmp/go-build
-gno-record-gcc-switches"
CXX="g++"
CGO_ENABLED="1"
CGO_CFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_CPPFLAGS=""
CGO_CXXFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_FFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_LDFLAGS="-g -O2"
PKG_CONFIG="pkg-config"
mpuser@arbok:~$ go version
go version go1.9.2 linux/amd64

Kernel & OS information: Linux arbok 4.4.0-92-generic #115~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I look forward to golang community suggestions.

~
Regards
Arun